Wednesday 28 January 2015

FRENCH SONG 4 JE VEUX ZAZ

FRENCH SONG 4 " JE VEUX" ZAZ

I have heard the young ZAZ sing this song with tremendous enthusiasm , energy and feelings. I like a certain attitude of nonchalance towards  bourgeois values and conventions bordering on hypocrisy . The language is simple . Of course the phrase , " crever la main sur le cœur " gave me trouble , in spite of my best dictionaries. I avoided word to word translation to the extent possible and tried to bring out the ideas. It is just testing my own translation skills.

Learners please identify all the verbs , study the tenses , list out the nouns, pronouns , prepositions, adjectives, conjunctions, imperatives , dissect everything and perfect your French Grammar. All after enjoying the music ! Think over the ideas expressed therein .

Bonne écouté !

Happy listening !



Je Veux" " I want "

Donnez moi une suite au Ritz, je n'en veux pas!

Give me a suite in Ritz , I don't want it!

Des bijoux de chez CHANEL, je n'en veux pas!
Donnez moi une limousine, j'en ferais quoi? papalapapapala
Offrez moi du personnel, j'en ferais quoi?
Un manoir a Neufchatel, ce n'est pas pour moi.
Offrez moi la Tour Eiffel, j'en ferais quoi? papalapapapala

The jewelry from CHANEL , I don't want it
Give me a limousine , what will I do with it ? Papalapapapla
Offer me people , what will I do with them ?
A mansion at Neufchâtel , it is not for me.
Offer me Eiffel Tower , what will I do with it?



[Refrain:]
Je Veux d'l'amour, d'la joie, de la bonne humeur, ce n'est pas votre argent qui f'ra mon bonheur, moi j'veux crever la main sur le coeur papalapapapala allons ensemble, découvrir ma liberté, oubliez donc tous vos clichés, bienvenue dans ma réalité.

I want love, joy , good mood, it is not your money that will make me happy , I want to thump on my heart with joy,papalapapapala,let us go together to discover my liberty, forget therefore all your banners   , welcome to my reality.

J'en ai marre de vos bonnes manières, c'est trop pour moi!
Moi je mange avec les mains et j'suis comme ça!
J'parle fort et je suis franche, excusez moi!
Finie l'hypocrisie moi j'me casse de là!
J'en ai marre des langues de bois!
Regardez moi, toute manière j'vous en veux pas et j'suis comme çaaaaaaa (j'suis comme çaaa) papalapapapala

I am fed up with your good manners , it is too much for me !
Me, I eat with my hands and I am like that !
I am speaking strait and I am frank, excuse me!
Hypocrisy is over and I break it,
I am fed up with all doublespeak
Look at me, no way I bear any grudge against you and  I am like that
[Refain x3:]
Je Veux d'l'amour, d'la joie, de la bonne humeur, ce n'est pas votre argent qui f'ra mon bonheur, moi j'veux crever la main sur le coeur papalapapapala Allons ensemble découvrir ma liberté, oubliez donc tous vos clichés, bienvenue dans ma réalité!

( translation above - repetition )

Translated by Sayee Jayaraman

29/01/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment