Wednesday 1 April 2015

FRENCH NOTE 69 USE OF CECI AND CELA

FRENCH NOTE 69 USE OF " CECI, CELA "

The last note on Demonstrative Pronouns.

" CECI and CELA" are also demonstrative pronouns which are neutral and not associated with any gender, masculine or feminine. In English , they are equivalent to " THIS and THAT". They refer to an idea or object. They do not refer to a person. The following sentences illustrate their uses.

1. Veux-tu ceci ou cela?

You want this or that ?

2. Ceci est à lui. Cela est à elle.

This is his . That is hers.

3. Ceci explique cela.

This one explains that

One thing explains the other

4. Cela te plaît ?

You like it ?

5. Sans cela

Otherwise

6. Comment cela?

How's that ?

7. Qui cela ?

Who is / was that ?

8. Quand cela ?

When is / was that ?

9. Où cela ?

Where is / was that ?

10. C'est cela même .

Exactly

11. Cela m'est égal .

It is the same to me.

12. Tu vois ceci ?

Do you see this ?

I have covered demonstrative pronouns exhaustively in these notes. As for " Ce", in the beginning , I have covered it in my French Notes. Those who missed them , may visit my French blog .

frenchmadesimple.blogspot.com


Learners are welcome to suggest topics which I had not covered so far in my blog.

Inadvertent errors may be pointed out.

Happy learning .

Sayee Jayaraman

2/04/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment