Thursday 21 May 2015

BASIC FRENCH COURSE GREETINGS

Recently I conducted a Basic French Course with a duration of 20 hours in 10 sessions. I prepared course materials for the benefit of the learners. I am sharing the same with the readers of this blog.

GREETINGS

Bonjour ! Good morning .
Bonjour Monsieur !  Good morning,Sir. 
Bonjour Madame !  Good morning  Madam.
Bonjour Mademoiselle !  Good morning Miss.
Bonjour Martin !  Good morning Martin .
Salut !  Hi ( informal)
Bon après-midi.  Good afternoon 
Bon soir.   Good evening .
Bonne nuit.  Good night !
Bonne journée  Good day ! ( while taking leave of someone )
Au revoir - bye, till we meet again ! 
À bientôt  -  will see you soon.
À demain  - till we meet tomorrow 
Comment allez-vous ?  - How do you do ? ( Formal)
Comment ça va ?  - how are you ? ( informal )  ( How it is going - literal meaning )
Ça va ?  -  are you ok? ( informal )
Je vais bien . - I am ok 
Ça va bien - I am good 
Ça va très bien . - I am very good 
Comment tu t'appelles ? - What is  your name ( intimacy )
 - What 's  your name ? ( how do you call yourself - literal translation )
Je m'appelle .................. My name is ...........
Vous êtes indien ?  Are you Indian ?
Vous êtes indienne ? Are you Indian ( feminine)
Oui, je suis indien. - Yes, I am Indian.
Oui, je suis indienne. - Yes, I am Indian. ( fem)
Non, je ne suis pas indien. Je suis pakistanais . - No, I am not Indian. I am Pakistani.
Non, je ne suis pas indienne.  Je suis pakistanaise.
Je ne suis pas français . Je suis anglais. - I am not Frenchman. I am an Englishman.
Je ne suis pas française . Je suis anglaise.  I am not a Frenchwoman . I am an Englishwoman .
Comment il s'appelle ?  What is his name ?
Il s'appelle  Jean . His name is John.
Comment elle s'appelle ?  What is her name ?
Elle s'appelle Alice . Her name is Alice .Comment vous vous appelez ? - What 's your name
Où habitez-vous ?  Where do you live ?
J'habite Bangalore . I live in Bangalore.
J'habite Paris. I live in Paris.
J'habite Londres. I live in London.
D'où venez vous ?   From where are you coming
Je viens de La France. I am coming from London.
Je viens de l'Inde . I am coming from India.
Je viens d'Angleterre . I am coming from England.
Où allez-vous ? Where are you going ? 
Je vais en France . I am going to France .
Je vais en Inde.  I am going to India.
Je vais au Pakistan . I am going to Pakistan .
Je vais au Canada. I am going to Canada.
Je vais aux États-Unis. I am going to USA.
Quel âge avez - vous ?  How old are you ?
J'ai 66 ans. I am 66 years old.

T.K.Jayaraman 

Bangalore






No comments:

Post a Comment