Sunday 28 December 2014

Welcome to "French Made Simple"



Welcome to my blog "French Made Simple".

This blog is meant for those interested in the French Language having some acquaintance with it but could not pursue the same wholeheartedly for one reason or other..

My love affair with French started when I was 35. Till now I have been pursuing the study of French and its literature . After my retirement in 2009 , I started teaching French to school/ college students.

A couple of months back, I started posting my " French Notes" in my Facebook page and also in the page of a group called "Duo Lingo". People from various parts of the world are following these notes and requested me cover certain grammatical points in French Language. A close friend of mine, Ramesh suggested to me an idea of a French blog. That much for the genesis of this blog.

The contents will be on the nuances of the French language. This is not a systematic French course from A,B,C.There are many learners who are struggling with French grammar. This language has many traps. In this blog , I  shall try my best to elucidate all grammar/usage points.

For every rule , there are exceptions. Hence to acquire  writing competence in the language, one has to take pains. My intention is to share my own insights with others in learning this language. Since I explain in English, everyone who knows English can benefit from my notes. I compare often these two languages.

Why French ? French is a beautiful language. It is also one of the international languages. French literature is very rich.  France has made several contributions to human civilization.  There are many countries where French is spoken. Knowing an additional language always helps. A new language is a window to another culture and civilization. It opens up fresh vistas. Wish you all a very useful session here!

Sayee Jayaraman
Bangalore
Monday, 29th December 2014



Sayee Jayaraman 

No comments:

Post a Comment